Face masks are an invaluable addition to any skincare routine and a luxurious option for treating yourself on self-care Sundays, or any day for that matter. Whether your skin is dehydrated, sensitive, dull, or you’re fighting breakouts, there’s likely a face mask out there to help your skin feel rejuvenated. We have highlighted the five best face masks for sensitive skin.
With more options than ever before, it can be challenging to determine which mask is the right one for your skin. And if you have sensitive skin, the decision can be that much more difficult. We did the research for you, selecting 5 of the best masks we could find for sensitive skin sufferers. Let’s dive in so that you can find your new favorite face mask for that at-home spa night.
Sand & Sky Australian Pink Clay Porefining Face Mask
This amazing 4-in-1 pink clay mask is chock-full of Australian botanicals, making it a powerful, effective formula. Australian Pink Clay acts as a magnet, drawing toxins out of your pores and leaving skin deeply cleansed and noticeably radiant.
Sand & Sky doubles down on its pore-tightening capabilities by including Witch Hazel. It’s great for relieving inflammation, tightening pores, and soothing irritated skin.
Kelp is rich in antioxidants, minerals, and iodine. Meaning, it provides a variety of skin benefits such as intense hydration, as well as anti-inflammatory, anti-aging, and exfoliating properties. Kelp is known for healing skin conditions related to inflammation, like rosacea and acne, because the natural minerals contained in kelp are known to improve redness in those with sensitive skin.
The natural antioxidants in pomegranate boost cell regeneration, decrease inflammation and provide antimicrobial benefits as well as protection from ultraviolet (UV) rays. Paired with mangosteen, which aids in skin’s microcirculation and improves skin’s radiance, these powerhouse ingredients work together to increase skin cell turnover, delivering beautiful, glowing skin.
To top it off, this formula includes Kakadu Plum, which contains the richest source of vitamin C, as well as many other nutritional and medicinal properties. It’s only found in the remote bush of Australia and has been used by the aboriginals as a food source for thousands and thousands of years. This amazing little fruit helps keep hyperpigmentation in check and produces brighter, clearer skin.
To use, simply apply the mask to clean skin using the applicator brush for even coverage. Let the mask dry completely. Gently remove with warm water and pat your face dry. For dry and sensitive skin, use 1-2 times a week. For spot treatments, just dab a little bit on the problem area and let it dry overnight.
But this Aussie brand doesn’t stop at high quality organic ingredients. This facial mask is also 100% vegan, cruelty-free, as well as paraben- and gluten-free. With almost four thousand five-star reviews on Amazon, it’s easy to see why this is our pick for best natural face masks for sensitive skin.
belif Aqua Bomb Sleeping Mask
When talking about the best face masks for sensitive skin, we had to include Belif’s Aqua Bomb Sleeping Mask. It’s an intensely hydrating mask meant to lock in hydration and soothe skin as you sleep. It’s an extension of their wildly popular Aqua Bomb line. Belif touts itself as a “true herbal cosmetic” brand and this mask lives up to that claim by using powerful antioxidants along with hydrating herb Lady’s Mantle and skin-soothing herb Scottish Heather to deliver smooth, ultra-soft skin.
The distinctive jelly-pudding-like texture envelops the skin, replenishing dry, dull skin and leaving it more smooth, supple, and radiant. Star ingredient Lady’s Mantle is packed with powerful antioxidants that can help remove free radicals, tighten pores, improve skin elasticity, and treat redness and irritation related to skin issues like acne and eczema. It’s been used since medieval times for its medicinal properties and Europeans continue to swear by its health benefits.
To use, simply apply a thin layer to your face after moisturizer. Leave it on overnight and rinse off in the morning. This quick-absorbing mask isn’t greasy or sticky and it won’t get all over your pillow while you sleep, which we love. And a little bit goes a long way, making this sleeping mask an excellent value.
Belif’s apothecary use of powerful herbs blended with modern skin science makes their Aqua Bomb Sleeping Mask a top choice for the best overnight face masks for sensitive skin.
Dermalogica Gentle Cream Exfoliant Face Mask
Dermalogica is the number one choice of skin care professionals the world-over and for good reason- it was developed by a skin therapist and is backed by the International Dermal Institute. Their products provide best-in-class skin care regimens for all types of skin issues.
This gentle cream exfoliating face mask includes powerful active ingredients like lactic and hydroxy acid, which provide non-abrasive, gentle exfoliation- detaching dead skin cells to enhance the skin’s texture as well as speeding cell renewal.
Aloe Vera helps to calm and soothe skin, while the anti-fungal and anti-inflammatory properties of lavender oil cleanse the skin and reduce red, irritated skin. The results are immediately hydrated smooth, super-soft skin.
Simply apply a thin layer over clean skin, leave it on for 10-15 minutes, and rinse well. Safe to use 1-2 times per week on sensitive skin.
This professional-grade exfoliating face mask is vegan and certified cruelty-free by PETA. It’s also formulated without parabens or gluten, making this gentle but effective prodfuct one of the best face masks for sensitive skin.
But don’t just take our word for it. Amazon reviews sing its praises with statements like, “I feel like I’m putting silk on my face” and “Whenever I use it, it’s like I wake up with a new face—I’ve never seen results like this with another product.”
TONYMOLY Superfood Mask Bowl Set
TONYMOLY is a brand leader in Korean beauty and beyond. Their blend of high-quality natural ingredients combined with innovative technology and fun packaging make them a standout brand. That’s why we had to include them in our round up of best face masks for sensitive skin.
This “bowl” includes 6 different superfood sheet masks that will leave your skin hydrated, nourished, and rejuvenated. Inside you’ll find the following:
– I’m Cactus Sheet Mask contains prickly pear extract which is derived from a cactus and contains important vitamins like E, A, and C, as well as essential fatty acids like omega-6 and -9. Prickly pear is also rich in amino acids, helping to stimulate collagen production. This mask cleans and hydrates skin while leaving it soothed, soft, and glowing.
– I’m Honey Sheet Mask contains honey extract. Honey has been used for its therapeutic effects for centuries. The ancient Egyptians, Chinese, Greeks, and Romans used it for treating wounds and gastrointestinal diseases. Honey contains many amino acids, vitamins, minerals, and enzymes. And numerous studies have shown that it possesses antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. This lovely little mask’s key ingredient will leave your sensitive skin nourished and deeply moisturized.
– I’m Green Tea Sheet Mask contains green tea extract, a potent antioxidant that can help combat signs of aging by defending against free radical damage. It’s also helpful in treating acne, clarifying pores, and improving skin’s ability to retain moisture. And the caffeine it contains makes it effective at depuffing and tightening undereye bags and swelling. This refreshing mask brightens, cleanses, and depuffs like a champ.
– I’m Aloe Sheet Mask is made with Aloe Vera, which contains Vitamins A, C, and antioxidants. It’s a powerful anti-inflammatory that can help treat dry skin, sunburn, eczema, and other skin conditions. Aloe has been used for thousands of years for its soothing, healing, and skin-softening properties. Studies show that aloe can be effective in treating certain skin conditions such as minor burns, psoriasis, dandruff, and acne. This aloe mask delivers healing hydration for your skin.
– I’m Peach Sheet Mask’s key ingredient is peach extract. This extract contains vitamin C to balance skin, moisturize, and calm skin. This extract reduces inflammation, fights off bacterial and fungal build-up due to it’s antimicrobial properties, and soothes sensitive skin. This mask helps to revive dull skin for a brighter complexion.
– I’m Coconut Sheet Mask key ingredients include vitamin E and coconut extract. Coconut extract is a potent humectant, as it prevents water loss and is quite moisturizing. It also contains antifungal, antibacterial, and anti-oxidant properties that help fight skin infections and soothe inflammation. This extract detoxifies skin while helping to remove dead skin cells, leaving behind clear, smooth skin.
Vitamin E is a powerful antioxidant that’s well known for its healing and moisturizing benefits as well as its ability to reduce UV damage in skin. This coconut mask will detoxify and nourish your skin.
We love that you’ll have plenty of options to soothe, hydrate, and renew your skin with this superfood bowl.
Many of the nearly 600 five-star reviews report seeing instant results. This is why TONYMOLY’s Superfood Mask Bowl Set is our choice for best Korean face masks for sensitive skin.
Cetaphil Pro Dermacontrol Purifying Clay Mask
Our final face mask is from the #1 dermatologist-recommended brand, Cetaphil. This mask is formulated with sensitive and oily skin sufferers in mind. It deep cleans pores, removes buildup, minimizes shine, and enhances skin tone, making it one of our choices for the best face masks for sensitive skin.
Created with two types of clay- bentonite and Amazonian kaolin. Bentonite clay draws impurities and oil from pores, minimizing their appearance. Amazonian kaolin clay gently sloughs away dead skin cells, resulting in enhanced skin tone and texture.
They’ve also included Apple Fruit Extract, which is high in antioxidants that help protect skin from free radicals while improving skin’s elasticity. It’s a fabulous skincare ingredient for anti-aging and skin-smoothing.
Cucumber Seed Extract acts as an antioxidant, skin-conditioning, and anti-inflammatory agent. Rich in Oleic Acid, this extract helps to brighten skin tone. And research has shown that the ascorbic acid contained in cucumber limits the damage caused by free radicals, which helps slow signs of aging such as wrinkles.
This clay face mask is unique in that it doesn’t dry, so you won’t be left with tight, dried-out skin. The formula is fragrance-free, hypoallergenic, and non-comedogenic, meaning it won’t clog pores or irritate the skin. It’s been clinically tested by dermatologists to be safe and gentle on sensitive skin.
Simply apply a thin, even layer to clean skin using the provided application spatula. Leave the mask on for 5-10 minutes. Remember, the mask will not dry. Rinse with warm water and pat your face dry. Use 2-3 times a week for optimal results.
Cetaphil’s purifying clay mask has over 4,000 five-star ratings on Amazon, raving about its ability to minimize pores, reduce oily skin without drying it out, and banish redness, irritation, and blemishes. That’s why it’s our choice for the best drugstore face mask for sensitive skin.
We’re confident that any of the masks in this guide will give you clean, hydrated, and glowing skin without the added irritation from harsh ingredients.
Finding the right face mask for your sensitive skin can do so much more for you than give you clean, glowing skin, though. A face mask can offer a few moments of luxurious relaxation as you sit and allow it to do its magic. Add in a bubble bath or a glass of wine to take your spa experience to the next level.
Last update on 2021-08-01 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API